Win a year of commute with Commuter Club and BuckleUp
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Win a year of commute with Commuter Club and BuckleUp (the ‘Prize Draw’) is open only to legal residents of the United Kingdom who are registered users of Commuter Club of at least the age of 18 (an ‘Entrant’). Employees of Commuter Club Ltd. or EMCT Investments Ltd. and their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliate companies, and suppliers, vendors and agents, as well as their respective family and household members are not eligible. The Prize Draw is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes the Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and the Organiser’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Prize Draw. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all the requirements set forth herein.
2. Organiser: EMCT Investments Ltd., 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London WC2H 9JQ
3. Timing: The Prize Draw begins at 00:01 Greenwich Mean Time (‘GMT’), 27th June 2018 and ends at 23:59 GMT, 31st July 2018 (the ‘Promotion Period’). The Organiser’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Prize Draw.
4. How to Enter: To participate in the Prize Draw, you must install the BuckleUp App, create a BuckleUp account and enter your email. When you enter your Email in the BuckleUp App you will earn one (1) Prize Draw entry (an ‘Entry’). To maximise your chances of winning, you can complete the following additional tasks to earn more Entries:
- Refer the BuckleUp App to your friends. (5 Entries earned for each referred user who downloads the BuckleUp App and creates an account)
- Like the BuckleUp Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/webuckleup/ (1 Entry)
- Tweet about the BuckleUp App by mentioning @WeBuckleUp (1 Entry)
- Follow the BuckleUp Instagram @webuckleup (1 Entry)
The maximum number of Entries per Entrant is not limited as long as the Tickets are legitimate and have been gained via the processes described above.
5. Entry Restrictions: Each eligible Entrant must have his/her own email address, separate from the email address of any other eligible entrant. Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and log-ins, or any other method(s), will void all of that Entrant’s Entries and may subject the Entrant to additional sanctions or penalties in accordance with the applicable BuckleUp terms and conditions. Use of any automated system to participate in the Prize Draw is strictly prohibited and will result in the Entrant’s disqualification and voiding of all Entries submitted or received via such automated system. The Organiser is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected information or Entries, which will be disqualified and void. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any Entrant, the authorised account holder (as defined herein) of the email address used by, or connected to, the eligible Entrant will be deemed to be the Entrant. The ‘Authorised Account Holder’ is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, Internet service provider or any other organisation responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof that they are the Authorised Account Holder of the selected email address.
6. Prize Draws and Verification of Potential Winners: Winning is contingent upon complying with all the terms and conditions of, and fulfilling all requirements contained in, these Official Rules. The Organiser will randomly select one (1) potential Prize Draw winner from all eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period. The draw will take place at the Organiser’s offices at the address set forth above, on the 3rd of August, 2018 at or around 17:00 GMT. The potential winners shall be notified by email on the 3rd of August, 2018. Except where prohibited, each potential winner will be required to sign and return winner documentation, as determined by the Organiser at its sole discretion, to confirm eligibility, grant limited publicity rights and release the Organiser of liability, or for any other reason deemed necessary by the Organiser. If a potential winner cannot be contacted or fails to sign and return the required documentation, the potential winner forfeits all rights in and/or to the prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the Organiser will award the applicable prize to an alternative winner following a random draw from among all remaining eligible Entries. Only three (3) alternative draws will be held, after which the prize will remain unawarded. The Prize will be fulfilled approximately one (1) month after winner verification.
7. Prize: One (1) annual ticket for commuting in London provided by Commuters Club, valued at £2,492 GBP.
8. Release: To the extent permitted by law, by entering the Prize Draw, each Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Organiser and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the ‘Released Parties’) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, damage to or loss of property arising out of participation in the Prize Draw or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. This clause does not apply to damage caused by Released Parties’ intentional or gross negligence, or if the Released Parties cause any personal injury, bodily harm or death.
9. Publicity: Except where prohibited, winning a Prize in the Prize Draw constitutes each winner’s consent to the Organiser’s and/or its agents’ use of the winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or home town/city/village and state/region/county for promotional purposes related to the Prize Draw in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration and without notice and/or consent.
10. General Conditions: The Organiser reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Prize Draw, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Prize Draw, as determined by Organiser at its sole discretion. In such an event, the Organiser, at its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random draw from among all the eligible Entries received up to the time of discontinuance. The Organiser reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual that it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Prize Draw or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Prize Draw may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and should such an attempt be made, the Organiser reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Organiser’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability: Except where prohibited by law, the Released Parties are neither liable nor responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the Prize Draw; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorised human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Prize Draw; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Prize Draw or the processing of Entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen post/mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the Entrant’s participation in the Prize Draw or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an Entrant's Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, the Entrant’s sole remedy is another entry into the Prize Draw, if it is possible. If the Prize Draw, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, the Organiser, at its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random draw from among all the eligible entries received up to the time of discontinuance. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, the Organiser reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes via a random draw among all the legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims. This clause does not apply to damage caused by the Organiser’s intentional or gross negligence, and to the extent that the Organiser causes any personal injury, bodily harm or death.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, the entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this Prize Draw or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the jurisdiction of the courts of England; (2) any and all claims, judgements and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Prize Draw, but in no event lawyers’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will the Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for (and the Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim) indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and the Organiser in connection with the Prize Draw, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with English law.
14. Severability: If any provision of these Official Rules is deemed unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Official Rules and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
15. Interpretation: Clause headings are inserted for convenience only and shall not affect the interpretation of these Official Rules.
16. No Outside Reliance: You acknowledge that, by entering the Prize Draw, you do not rely on, and shall have no remedies in respect of, any statement, representation, assurance or warranty (whether made innocently or negligently) that is not set out in these Official Rules.
17. Winners List: For a list of winners, follow our social media and newsletter. The winners list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, send your request to email@example.com with subject line “Win a year of commute with Commuter Club and BuckleUp”. Requests must be received no later than 30 August 2018.
© 2018 EMCT Investments Ltd. All rights reserved.